Sunday, October 31, 2021

Gareth Cliff responds to racism allegations – ‘Could have treated her with more respect’

Controversial radio host Gareth Cliff has broken his silence following weeks of social media hounding. The media personality made headlines on the Twitter streets last week after making comments many peeps found racially insensitive.

Responding to the controversy, Cliff admits he was e abrasive and could have handled the situation more respectfully.

But the outspoken host says he also believes his comments, and particularly the interview, was what his “brand is about”.

“I’ll own it, but that’s also me. I do erupt sometimes, I sound very dismissive sometimes, I can be quite brash, I totally accept it,” he said.

“I could have been better. I could have treated her with a little more respect probably because I do treat everybody the same that comes on the show,” Cliff said.
Commenting on Nando’s decision to pull out as a sponsor, Cliff had this to say:

“I’m really not in any way angry with them. I think they had to do what they had to do. They did it because corporations have to make decisions sometimes which are uncomfortable and difficult,” he told a local publication

In Other News – #DURBANGEN: ACTRESS NELISIWE SIBIYA (DR MBALI MTHETWA) LOSES HER JOB

It never rains but pours for our beloved intern, Dr Mbali Mthetwa. Every time she thinks that things have settled and she can find some happiness or at least some level of normalcy, something always comes up to start chaos in her life.Nelisiwe Sibiya3 The month of November will find Mbali failing to cope with her new marriage to Thabo Dlamini after Agatha gives Mbali the request that she would either have to marry Thabo or refuse and not get her...Learn more

-Briefly

The post Gareth Cliff responds to racism allegations – ‘Could have treated her with more respect’ appeared first on News365.co.za.

No comments:

Post a Comment