Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Mzansi celebrities’ Christmas plans

Many people spend Christmas Day with their families. But some celebrities don’t get to spend time with their loved ones because of their busy schedules. Daily Sun asked a few celebrities and politicians about their Christmas plans.

  • DJ Shimza, who’d be hosting a one-man show on Christmas Day, would also host lunch for kids from different homes. He said that was his way to show gratitude for the support he had received throughout the year.

“For the past 10 years, I have been spending Christmas Day with kids from different homes. We chill and eat lunch with them. We ensure there is also entertainment for the kids,” he said.

Singer Tshwarelo “Njelic” Motlhako of Shesha Geza fame said he would start the day with his family before heading to Orlando Hospice in Orlando East, Soweto, to cook for the residents.

“My team and I are starting this initiative because the people who live at the hospice don’t have the luxury to spend Christmas Day with their families.

“This is my way of giving back to the community and putting a smile on someone else’s face. Later on I will be busy with my gigs,” he said.

Actress Celeste Khumalo said she would have a small gathering with family and close friends at her newly renovated house.

Zodwa Wabantu

“It will also be a house warming. It’s important to celebrate with the ones who are close to you because they know the hard work you put in during the year,” she said.

Gqom artist Tipcee, who recently bought a house, said she would host her family at her place.

“I’m always with family because I need to spend time with them to show them they are important. I have a performance after Christmas lunch.”

  • Singer Vusi Nova declined two gigs as he would be hosting his family from Cape Town and Joburg at his house.“I believe we should be with our families on Christmas Day to eat a nice cooked meal, indulge in nice dessert over nice conversation and be merry.

“This is the second Christmas I will not be working, but spending it with family.”

Isithembiso actor Sandile Mahlangu said: “I will spend Christmas with the person I love and later travel to Mpumalanga to be with my family before I head to Mtoni On Steroids, where I am MC at an event.”

UDM leader Bantu Holomisa said he would spend Christmas in his home village of Mqanduli, Eastern Cape. He said he looked forward to breathing fresh air in the village.

“I will be at home with my family and villagers having a braai and drinks. One of the pleasures of being in the village is that every resident is welcome to any celebration, there’s no need for invites.”

Minister of Communications Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams said: “I’ll be spending the day with the A-team, being with my husband and children. We plan to go to church and then enjoy a scrumptious lunch joined by family and friends.”

Police Minister Bheki Cele would also be with his family in Durban. He said he looked forward to eating turkey and dumpling.

“We exchange gifts and thereafter have lunch. I love turkey very much and hope it is on the menu as well as dumpling. The table will not have any alcohol, only water and soft drinks.”

Zodwa Wabantu

Zodwa Wabantu said she would visit her son’s father’s family as she was close with her son’s gogo.

“They have invited me over for Christmas lunch,” she said.

“I’ll head to Mpumalanga and Brits later, where I have performances.”

Gospel icon Sipho Makhabane said: “After a long year doing roadshows, music and motivational speaks, I have decided to spend Christmas at home in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. I will buy meat and braai with my family.”

Radio presenter Criselda Kananda said she would cook for her family in Midrand.

“We will have gammon turkey, umleqwa, starch and vegetables.” She said the most important part would be opening Christmas gifts in the morning.

TV presenter Tebogo Mahlaela said she would spend Christmas with her family in Zebediela, Limpopo.

“I can’t wait to eat seven colours like in the old days.”

Former SA FM presenter Khanyi Magubane said she would spend time with her family in Benoni, Ekurhuleni.

“We will start our day by going to church and have Christmas lunch at home. We will cook turkey, roasted lamb, vegetables and salads and end with trifle,” she said.

In other news – Full List of Nadia Nakai’s famous ex-Boyfriends

Full List of Nadia Nakai‘s famous ex-Boyfriends! Over the years since getting signed to Family Tree, fans and social media have always wanted Nadia and her boss Cassper Nyovest to date.

Nadia Nakai

Whilst that has not been a reality, Nadia has had two public high profile relationships and she likes them as rappers or at least in the same industry. She is currently single but we are taking a look at Nadia’s public dating history. continue reading

Source: Daily Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment