Wednesday, December 1, 2021

SABC newscaster battling COVID-19

Newsman Khayelihle “Khaya” Khumalo is the latest media personality to test positive for Covid-19.

The reporter recently took to social media to share the sad news, and also thank everyone who had been wishing him well.

Khaya, who recently jumped ship from eNCA to join the public broadcaster, said he was feeling sick for a few days before testing for the virus.

“Results are back. I just tested positive for Covid-19. The primary focus is recovery. Luckily, I can breathe on my own. Just mild symptoms. I’ve received an avalanche of messages. I thank you. This is quite heart-warming,” he said.

However, some social media users commented that Khaya was not sick, and this was just a hoax. But people advised him not to mind the naysayers.

He responded: “Allow me to state categorically that I will always support vaccines. I’m fully vaccinated. Some folks inferred that my positive status is a hoax and I’m just a vaccine influencer. That’s a fallacy. Covid-19 is real.”

Khaya is not the only news personality to open about testing positive for the deadly virus.

Newswoman Chriselda Lewis also detailed her near-death experience.

“Late last month, I had tested positive for Covid-19. It has been a painful and scary journey towards recovery. I thank the Almighty for giving me more life. The doctors, my family, friends and colleagues who showed so much love and care,” she said at the time.

Other media personalities, such as Skhumbuzo Mbatha, Nokuthula Mavuso and Nonkanyiso Conco, have recovered from it.

In Other News – TABLES TURN: V CLASS GUY WHO KICKED SLAY QUEEN OUT OF HIS CAR JUST GETS EMBARRASSED

Last week there was a trending video of a guy who kicks two girls out of his fancy car that people call V class. Njabulo1After the video went viral, the guy took it to social media and make a live video explaining what happened and why he kicked the ladies out of his car. As this was a trending issue, even the video of...learn more

The post SABC newscaster battling COVID-19 appeared first on News365.co.za.

No comments:

Post a Comment