Sunday, November 1, 2020

Justin Bieber speaks on struggling with suicidal thoughts

Justin Bieber has opened up about having suicidal thoughts and his struggles with mental health in a new documentary.

Speaking candidly in his new YouTube Originals documentary Justin Bieber: Next Chapter, Justin revealed that at one point he worried his pain would never go away.

Opening up in the documentary, he said, “There were times where I was really, really suicidal. Like, man is this pain ever going to go away? It was so consistent, the pain was so consistent. I was just suffering, right? So, I’m just like, man, I would rather not feel this than feel this.”

Justin Bieber

Justin continued, revealing that he wants to use his experiences to help others, and that he could have “avoided a lot of pain” by speaking out earlier.

“I want to be the type of person and leader who can tell people, ‘You don’t have to put on a front. You don’t have to act a certain way. Who you are is enough.’

“I feel so just at peace for the first time in my life … I just would encourage people, like, ‘Hey, if you’re feeling lonely, talk about it. Say it out loud.’ There’s a freedom in that. I could have avoided a lot of pain.”
Justin also shared the things that have helped him with his mental health, explaining, “What’s helped me is that I work out a lot, stay physical and stay active. I pray and meditate, things like that. I write music, listen to music. Music is very powerful; it can really help you when you’re feeling low.”

Justin has previously been open about his mental health, posting a selfie from his therapist’s office earlier this year and telling fans, “It’s cool to have a healthy mind and healthy emotions.

In other news – Actress Sophie Lichaba suffers a stroke

Legendary actress and businesswoman Sophie Ndaba Lichaba’s health has worsened after she suffered a stroke and was admitted on Wednesday. Her health has deteriorated since she collapsed while driving to Welkom from Joburg early this year. Learn more

Source: cosmopolitan

The post Justin Bieber speaks on struggling with suicidal thoughts first appeared on News365.co.za.

No comments:

Post a Comment